Posts 67
Fibre Content: 50% Peruvian Wool/ 30% Fine Grade Alpaca/ 20% Silk
Made In: Peru
Care: Hand Wash, Cold/ Dry Flat
Knit: 15 st/4 inches 6.0 mm (US 10)
Yardage: 75 m (82 yards)
Size: 50 g (1.75 oz) ball
Price: US$3.48

A luxurious and lustrous thick and thin soft-spun chunky weight.

Standard price for this yarn is US$9.95 - elann.com discounted price saves you as much as 65%!

Unblocked, blocked & Ravelry yarn page link

This one is gonna pill worse than a prescription for a three month supply! Comments confirm. So you need to be willing to shave not only your legs, but this yarn. That being said, for me, it's nice and soft, but a little tickly.

A bit confusing, it’s listed on the Ravelry yarn page as Aran, yet the yardage and suggested needle size both indicate a Bulky. With the thick and thin texture of this yarn, it can certainly be knit at a tighter gauge on smaller needles, but beware that you’ll need a whole lot more yarn!

The hand is lovely, with the resulting fabric rather rustic, yet still having clear stitch definition. There is nice twist on the two plies where it’s thinner. The thicker area seems to be the one ply with the nice twist, plied with the other ply consisting of an intermittent twist/lofty single. The thicker area, with the strand more like a single, might snag if you use really pointy needles. I used blunt needles and still caught my tip once.

I couldn’t break the yarn, which surprised me. It frogged well, without any sign of being knit at all. I kept thinking the whole time I was knitting this one up that it would make a lovely Iced, which, for my size would take about 12 balls of this. Have I mentioned that weaving in bulky ends drives me buggy? There is almost no way of hiding that extra bulk. But I just keep thinking about that pattern. lol I like to torture myself, I guess.

All in all, at this sale price, it’s not a bad choice if you can live with the pilling.

Notes:
- US10 (6mm) bamboo
- Unblocked gauge - 15s/3.75”, 5rpi
- Blocked gauge - 15s/4”, 6rpi (got gauge!)
- Could not break
- Will pill
- Rustic texture, but still good stitch definition
- Silky sheen
- Short yardage for an Aran
- Frogged well
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues, 7/31 - Elsebeth Lavold Silky Flamme