duckbunni
Posts 67
Fibre Content: 100% Naturally Dyed Pima Cotton
Made In: Italy
Care: Hand Wash, Cold/ Dry Flat
Knit: 20 st/4 inches 4.0mm (US 6)
Yardage: 100 m (110 yards)
Size: 50g (1.75 oz) ball

Supersoft pure Pima cotton in a sophisticated palette of shade-on-shade, naturally dyed colorways!

Standard price for this yarn is US$8.95 - elann.com discounted price saves you as much as 70%!

US$2.68

Unblocked, Blocked, Ravelry.com link

This cotton was quite nice to knit. It had a soft enough hand, but I didn’t try anything special with it either. I’m not certain I’d want to try p2togtbl, unless I was working with a much looser gauge. It frogged just fine, but I was having a bit of a problem with it splitting. You can actually see one little loop, in the unblocked photo, on the righthand side of the swatch about halfway up the edge where I didn’t catch all the plies in the stitch. Regardless, there was no stress to my hands/wrists while knitting this one up.

One surprise, which you wouldn’t be able to tell from the pictures at Elann is the subtle shading, even though they do describe the yarn that way (see above). It wasn’t until I got the whole swatch knit that I could see the shading. And it does show in the swatch pictures.

This yarn is 8 plies of 2 plies, with a pretty decent twist, but, as I said, it does split (any cotton with that many plies will tend to split), so you won’t be able to knit this one by feel alone. The stitches were even and smooth and the fabric, prior to it’s bath, seemed to want to bias just a little left, but it could have just been my eyesight last night. It wasn’t biased at all after the blocking bath.

No pills, barely even a halo of tiny little fibers, after my roughing it up for a good long while. It’s nice and soft, too.

I was prepared to not like this one (generally, I’m not a fan of 100% cottons), but I actually do. Maybe because it’s Pima cotton. Maybe because I’m getting soft in my old age. Lots of projects, a couple comments, but all are seeming to love this yarn (beware one comment about dye running in the blocking bath).

Notes:
- US6 (4mm) metal
- Unblocked gauge: 20s/3.5”, 7.5rpi
- Blocked gauge: 20s/4”, 8rpi (hit it dead on!)
- Soft hand
- Splitting was a problem
- Could not break
- Pilling should be minimal, if any
- Blocks beautifully
- Frogged well
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues 4/3 - Nashua Natural Focus Ecologie Cotton