Posts 67
Fibre Content: 85% Merino Wool/ 10% Silk/ 5% Cashmere
Made In: Italy
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Knit: 14 st/4 inches 6.50mm (US 10.5)
Yardage: 130 m (142 yards)
Size: 100g (3.50 oz) ball
Price: US$6.89

In a rich array of colors, this exotic fibre blend creates a beautifully soft tweed!

Some colors available in lesser quantities - shop early to avoid disappointment!
Standard price for this yarn is US$19.95 - elann.com discounted price saves you as much as 65%!

blocked, unblocked & Ravelry link

Ok, so just because I have some DK in my stash doesn’t mean that I am in love with this yarn. Yeah, right! I lied. What’s not to love? Yes, I know, it will probably pill, but geez, this blend is just heavenly. It knit up without a snag, frogged well and just basically behaved all around. The gauge didn’t change after the block, with the fabric just getting squishier as the cashmere bloomed.

The yarn consists of 3 plies and it reminds me of a felted-type yarn. I could knit and purl without looking. It spit splices well (meaning no weaving in ends!). There were quite a few comments giving this yarn some love and a couple that said their sweater grew after blocking in length. As my swatch didn’t budge with blocking, I have to wonder if the problem lies in the weight of the garment pulling it down. Most projects were smaller accessory pieces, so that wouldn’t really happen with those.

One comment specifically mentioned she had been wearing her sweater for a number of years with no pilling at all!! So maybe the slightly felted feel to this yarn helps with that problem. My pill test didn’t really show me any pilling, but the fiber content suggests the opposite.

I kinda like it. You might, too.

Notes:
- US10.5 (6.5mm)
- pre and postblock gauge: 14s/4”, 5rpi
- Frogged fine for me
- No splitting
- 3 ply, like a felted feeling yarn
- Spit splices well
- Pilling is a possibility, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
- Tons of colors to choose from
4/13/2012 11:22:22 AM
us3catsbeading
us3catsbeading
Posts 5
Love this yarn! The teal is just beautiful!
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues 2/21 - Queensland Kathmandu Chunky