Posts 67
Fibre Content: 75% New Wool/ 25% Nylon
Made In: Italy
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Knit: 21 st/4 inches 5.0mm (US 8)
Yardage: 150 m (164 yards)
Size: 50g (1.75 oz) ball
US$3.98

Wool wrapped in nylon mesh for marvelous drape and sheen!

Unblocked, Blocked and Nylon wrapped ply

Ravelry link

This one is interesting. If you have any rough skin or nails, you’ll snag on the nylon wrap. I found that I was snagging it with the needle tip, also, but I was using my new Hiya Hiya Sharps (their lace tip) needles. I was too lazy to run upstairs to grab my bamboos with the blunter point. It’s a slippery yarn too, so those bamboos would have helped with that issue also. Rav comments support this, as many noted it was a lovely yarn, but that it snags like crazy. Loved the comment that it was like wool roving in pantyhose.

Otherwise, the stitches won’t split on you, if you use a blunter tip needle to eliminate the snagging. Once I got the hang of that, the swatch flew off my needles. It frogged well and didn’t show any signs of pilling. That nylon casing over the wool will keep it in check.

The unblocked swatch was a little wonky and out of shape. But the blocked swatch smoothed out and behaved quite nicely. The wool puffed and filled in to make a nice fabric. I was, actually, nicely surprised with the feel of the blocked swatch.

If you like slightly shiny and don’t mind working with slippery yarn, you might like this one.

Notes:
- US 8 (5mm)
- Unblocked gauge - 23st/4”, 7rpi
- Blocked gauge - 21st/4”, 8rpi (suggested gauge!!)
- Single ply wool wrapped in chainette nylon
- Broke with a good hard tug
- Frogged well
- Not gonna pill
- Shiny from the nylon
- Is gonna snag on the nylon
edited by duckbunni on 12/13/2011
edited by duckbunni on 12/13/2011
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues, 12/13/11 - Gedifra Samina