duckbunni
Posts 67
Fibre Content:25% Wool/ 25% Silk/ 20% Cotton/ 30% Viscose Rayon
Made In:Italy
Care:Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Gauge:20 st/4 inches 3.75mm (US 5)
Yardage:125 m (135 yards)
Size:50g (1.75oz) ball

Indulge in a luxury blend perfect for all multi-season wear!

Available in 9 colors shown, plus 3 more in lesser quantities.

Standard price for this quality is US$7.50 - Elann discounted price saves you as much as 60%!

US$2.98

unblocked & blocked

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhhhhh! Happiness.

This yarn is lovely. A 6-ply blend of wool, silk, cotton and rayon, it knit like heaven. There was no splitting, it held up to a frog without any sign of a prince, the stitches were even and smooth even before blocking and looked better after, the tweed isn’t overpowering. I think I’m in love. I don’t even “feel” the rayon, though I know it’s in the blend. This feels, very much to me, like the new Sonata Soft while knitting (which I liked), but was even softer in hand. It passed the itch test with flying colors - no itch while knitting, no itch under the strap.

I should mention here that Elann has it listed as a worsted weight, yet the needle size they suggest is more for a DK or light worsted. And the row gauge I got at 8 rows per inch is more in line with a DK/LW on their suggested needle size. So if you want to use this as a true worsted weight, please make sure to swatch it. The fabric is nice and dense, but fluid, on the 5’s for me, but going up to a 6 wouldn’t be a problem for this yarn if you want to try for a true worsted gauge.

If there is any flaws in this yarn, it would be that I broke it surprisingly easily. It feels very substantial in hand, so I gave it my usual light tug at first (I start out tugging lightly, then go harder and harder til I either break it or my fingers say “ow!”) and it snapped more easily than some of the branches in the trees around me during this weekend’s hurricane.

And just so y’all know, the natural turquoise color that the sample sweater is knit in is just really ugly and wouldn’t look good on any of you. ::evil grin::

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

- US 5 (3.75mm) metal
- preblock gauge: 5.75spi/7.5rpi
- blocked gauge: 5spi/8rpi (Yay! I got gauge.)
- Knit more at a DK/LW gauge, than a true Worsted
- Broke easily
- No signs of pilling with pill test
- Frogs well
- Did not split
- Will bankrupt you
9/7/2011 3:08:18 PM
azaleas4me
azaleas4me
Posts 1
Thanks for posting this! There's no information on Ravelry about this yarn, so I was hesitating about buying any. Which colorway is in your blocked and unblocked photos? Thanks!
9/12/2011 5:45:45 AM
duckbunni
duckbunni
Posts 67
I'm so sorry I didn't see this sooner. My sample was the espresso confetti.
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues, 8/30 - Elann Limited Edition Rossini