Messages in this topic - RSS
10/15/2010 5:17:03 PM
maggie
maggie
Posts 59
I just wanted to let you know that I am still looking at the pattern for the
Irish Tweed Cardigan. I am here all day tomorrow and it being a Saturday it
could be quite quiet. I will have a better chance to try and figure out if
there is a problem with the collar for you.
10/16/2010 10:34:07 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
naildoctors(KELLY) wrote:
Did anyone get this pattern?
I need help with the shawl collar, makes no sense to me at all, and maggie at elanns is stumped as well. pattern reads..

Collar
When front measures 18.5, increase at the right edge(neckedge) after the 7 sts in 1x1 ribbing at beg of row, every 4 rows 1 st 10 times. Note work increased sts in 1x1 ribbing, as set by ribbed band, which is k1p1

further:

when front measures19.25 ect...(TALKING ABOUT WORKING OFF OF GRAPH B THAT IS THE ECT.. NOTHING TO DO WITH COLLAR.. every 4 row, work 1 less st st and 1 more st in 1x1 ribbing as set by ribbed band a total of 10 times,

SO I AM SO CONFUSED TRIED IT AND THERE ARE NOT 80 ROWS TO WORK ALL THIS RIBBING INTO FIRST OF ALL, AND SECOND OF ALL, I AM SO CONFUSED,,, PLEASE HELP
10/16/2010 11:07:21 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
naildoctors(KELLY) wrote:
Did anyone get this pattern?
I need help with the shawl collar, makes no sense to me at all, and maggie at elanns is stumped as well. pattern reads..

Collar
When front measures 18.5, increase at the right edge(neckedge) after the 7 sts in 1x1 ribbing at beg of row, every 4 rows 1 st 10 times. Note work increased sts in 1x1 ribbing, as set by ribbed band, which is k1p1

further:

when front measures19.25 ect...(TALKING ABOUT WORKING OFF OF GRAPH B THAT IS THE ECT.. NOTHING TO DO WITH COLLAR.. every 4 row, work 1 less st st and 1 more st in 1x1 ribbing as set by ribbed band a total of 10 times,

SO I AM SO CONFUSED TRIED IT AND THERE ARE NOT 80 ROWS TO WORK ALL THIS RIBBING INTO FIRST OF ALL, AND SECOND OF ALL, I AM SO CONFUSED,,, PLEASE HELP

Hi Kelly
I've found a photo but not the pattern itself, but I'll try to help. Try this:
The 7 stitches of 1x1 ribbing stay unaltered throughout.
After 18.5 inches this 7 stitch band starts growing into the shawl collar. For the first increase, rib 7, then do the increase. If you are getting a hole, try lifting the bar between stitch 7 and stitch 8 onto the left needle and knit into the BACK of it.
Purl a row, knit a row, purl a row.
Second increase, rib 8, increase 1.
The second increase will probably bring you to the 19.25 inches, more or less.
Now you are going to begin adding that 'extra stitch' to the ribbing from the second part of the instructions, so:
Next RS Row: rib 10, continue in stocking stitch
Following RS Row: rib 10, increase 1
Then rib 12, continue in stocking stitch
Rib 12, increase 1
Rib 14
Rib 14, increase 1
Rib 16 and so on

Basically, you are increasing the number of stitches in the ribbing on every RS row - by making a stitch or by adding one stitch from the stocking stitch to the ribbing. These two alternate. OR you could perform both operations every 4th row, but I think this would show more but knit a swatch to see.
The whole collar increase should take 44-46 rows, not 80, because you are doing the two operations at the same time. This will probably take somewhere between 10 and 12 inches - about right for a man's cardigan.

If this doesn't make sense or doesn't work, post again.
Alice
Salt Spring Island
1/27/2011 1:20:57 PM
verysassy
verysassy
Posts 2
I'm actually trying to find a copy of this pattern myself. Any chance you could give me the name of the pattern? I'm not having any luck finding it and I'm dying to make this sweater as a wedding gift for my fiance. I've conated Elann, but the pattern was sold out with the yarn. Thank you for any help you can offer! ~Sarah
pages: 1
HomeProject ChatHELP with men patter from Katia 55 the irish tweed