HomeProject ChatWaxing Poetic on Limited Edition Naples
Messages in this topic - RSS
8/12/2010 2:25:33 PM
psophia17
psophia17
Posts 100
I'd loved the lacy shawl pictured on the cover of Vogue Knitting Magazine, S/S 2010, and when Maggie knit it in our Limited Edition Naples I really loved the results. She offered to lend it to me for a wedding I had to go to in San Deigo in mid-July, where it was perfect for keeping the breeze from the water at bay as the night wore on. When I returned, I tried to return it to her, and instead Maggie gifted it to me!

I'm wearing it today...and I wore it on Monday - I love it that much. Maggie added it to our Project Gallery today, and I'm the very happy model

This morning as I made my coffee, I got to thinking how much I'd like a cardigan in this same yarn. The silk and wool blend is great summer because the silk feels cool, but in winter will feel warm. The wool gives it great body, which nicely balances the drape of the silk. The tweed (which I can't ignore) adds depth and visual texture, but The only question was what cardigan to make. Then, as I was searching for just the right cardigan pattern, I stumbled across a gorgeous vest design on the Vogue Knitting website, or it's also in Vogue Knitting Magazine - Spring/Summer 2009.

Now, if only I had the time!
edited by petra@elann on 8/12/2010
8/12/2010 5:25:34 PM
kellygirl
kellygirl
Posts 1405
What a lovely gift and what beautiful knitting! It looks fabulous on you--the color really suits you! Will Maggie be knitting another one for herself? I'd have a tough time choosing a color.
8/13/2010 6:36:55 AM
psophia17
psophia17
Posts 100
You'll have to ask Maggie if she's making another - I know she enjoyed working with the yarn, but she also has a lot of projects in the wings and I have no idea where it would be in that list.

For myself...I think I'd like something out of the blue. Coming up with brown-themed outfits is a challenge for me most days, but I'm doing my best!
8/15/2010 8:32:22 AM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
That is a beautiful shawl, and it looks perfect on you.
8/16/2010 8:37:04 AM
maggie
maggie
Posts 56
I'm also thinking something in blue might be nice with the Naples, but then Petra and Angela always tell me I go for the blues. At the moment I'm finishing up a cardigan for my sister in our Donegal from Vogue Fall 08 (started it in March). I also just finished the tunic Opal, from Louisa Harding Bijoux for one of my daughters. What next who knows, I have a cedar chest full of elann yarns and I may just close my eyes and grab!!
pages: 1
HomeProject ChatWaxing Poetic on Limited Edition Naples