HomeElann Chatneed fax to copy
Messages in this topic - RSS
8/7/2010 10:39:39 AM
elenor reuter
elenor reuter
Posts 7
How do I copy free patterns if I don't have access to a fax machine?
8/7/2010 10:59:34 AM
Dianepurls
Dianepurls
Posts 28
I'm not sure how a fax would help you out?

Anyway I usually just highlight the area I want to print, then go to "file" and then "print" then print "selection" or email the page to myself or copy and paste the pattern to a word processing program.

I wish elann offered PDF's for patterns but sadly, no.
8/7/2010 3:53:18 PM
elenor reuter
elenor reuter
Posts 7
I think I need to use PDF for me to copy. I will try your suggestion of sending the pattern to my E-mail and copy it from there. Thanks for your help.
8/8/2010 11:26:36 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
ACB, would you please have the 'computer wizard' check the 'free patterns'. I have never had any trouble printing them, I just get the pattern on the screen, press print, and out it comes in colour. But when testing for Elinor this morning, my printer has gone berserk. First tried Luna Moth Shawl in Super Kidd - printed the first two pages > 10 times and refused to cancel, before I finally got a copy of all the pages. Tried Siena and Java Side-to-Side Cardigan in case the problem was just that pattern. Same thing. Only way to stop the looping was to turn off and unplug the printer and then cancel printing in my computer. Strange! Thanks!

Alice
Salt Spring Island
8/9/2010 12:07:52 PM
acb
acb
Posts 1465
Thanks very much for the heads up, Alice - I'll put in a ticket on this issue. What type and version of browser do you use?
8/10/2010 9:08:48 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
Ann, we use Firefox version 3.6.8

Alice
8/10/2010 7:31:10 PM
acb
acb
Posts 1465
We're investigating, Alice. I'm able to print those two patterns here without the problems you describe. My first thought was that was that it could be a difference in browsers, but now I'm thinking that there's one more possibility we should rule out first.

After you unplugged your printer and then plugged it back in again, did you try to print those two patterns again? If not, would you mind trying again? I find with my printer that unplugging it re-sets any errors in the printer, and that if the problem was printer-based, everything is fine after the re-set. If it happens again for you with those two patterns, however, we'll know we can rule out printer problems.
8/11/2010 8:26:35 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
With Luna Moth Shawl in Super Kydd, we shut down, unplugged the printer twice, before we could print a complete copy. Then I tried Siena and Java side-to-Side Cardigan and the printer spat out multiple pages of page 1 and half of page 2 in a frenzy. Shut down, unplugged, stroked my printer, and talked to it nicely before it printed one complete copy.
This morning, I have just printed out Dancing Cranes Stole with no problem at all.

Printer is connected to a wireless network, but that shouldn't make it suddenly go berserk.
Hope this helps.
Alice
pages: 1
HomeElann Chatneed fax to copy