HomeProject ChatEileen, I need help with Peacock Plumes Cardi
Messages in this topic - RSS
7/28/2010 11:44:53 AM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
Hi! I've been trying to work the Peacock Plumes Cardi, and I'm having difficulty with keeping the right stitch count. I keep losing stitches at the left edge. I've tried this in swatches several times with no success. I suppose there's something really obvious that I'm missing; I hope you can help me with it.
7/29/2010 7:17:04 AM
suzeeq
suzeeq
Posts 112
Have you tried naming the sts instead of just counting them?

R 4 - k, over, k over, k over, L dec, L dec, dbl dec, R dec, R dec, etc....

Being a variant of F&F it's one of the easiest patterns to mess up on. I know you knit well enough to do YOs corrctly

4th row: [K1, yf] 3 times, [sl 1, k1, psso] twice, sl2, k1, p2sso, [k2tog] twice, *yf, [K1, yf] 5 times, [sl 1, k1, psso] twice, sl 2, k1, p2sso, [k2tog] twice; rep from * to last 3 sts, [yf, k1] 3 times.
edited by suzeeq on 7/29/2010
7/29/2010 1:20:44 PM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
Hi. Yes, I've looked at the stitches that way. Thanks for the tip.

I've re-worked my swatch a couple of times, and I'm just stumped. I have some gorgeous peacock blue-green cotton that I think will be perfect for this pattern, and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've looked in my Barbara Walker treasuries to see if there's a variation listed, but Peacock Plumes isn't included. I keep coming up with too few stitches after the last full pattern repeat.
7/29/2010 5:52:49 PM
suzeeq
suzeeq
Posts 112
I suppose you're using the correct number of sts....? Because if you're using the numbers below the chart, the ones on either side of the 16 repeated stitches are what you end up with after you finish the row. You begin working over 14, repeat 16 and end with 3 sts to YO, k3 on. Ehhh, I guess they're the same huh.

Are you doing dbl decs where there should be singles?

7/29/2010 9:33:42 PM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
Well, apparently for this pattern, the sixth time's the charm. I've finally completed one full vertical repeat without losing any stitches. I've been counting all the way across after finishing every pattern row. Thanks for helping me to stop and look at the stitches one (or two) more times. IF this keeps working, I'll have a little cardi to post in the Project Gallery one of these days soon.
pages: 1
HomeProject ChatEileen, I need help with Peacock Plumes Cardi