HomeGeneral ChatHUGe 2010 anyone?
Messages in this topic - RSS
Anyone interested in a HUGe 2010 gift exchange?
Yes, I am game!:4
no:0
Maybe, what is a HUGe?:0
7/15/2010 7:02:13 PM
Dianepurls
Dianepurls
Posts 28
It’s that time of year again, I am almost afraid to ask about this but I am gonna anyway:-)

I love the HUGe gift exchanges! (Even when they don’t work out? hummmm not going to go there, 2010 is a new year!)

So….Who is up for our little exchange?

Should we change the format to a US and a Canadian exchange? (2 separate ones?) Keep it the same?

Should we call it a miss?

Thoughts?

Your Christmas cheerleader:-)
Diane
7/16/2010 3:26:28 AM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
I was just thinking about Huge this week! How funny is that! LOL

Anyway, I'm game!

I know that this is historically T's baby but I also know that she is quite busy and would be willing to give her a break this yr if she wanted one.

Libs
7/16/2010 8:56:54 AM
Dianepurls
Dianepurls
Posts 28
I Rav. PMed you Libby:-)
7/17/2010 5:33:02 PM
Dianepurls
Dianepurls
Posts 28
OK people…Who doesn’t like a Christmas gift exchange?

It’s not hard… you just need to knit, crochet, sew , buy, create, 10 small gifts and you will get 10 different gifts in exchange. Give them away or hoard them, like I do. Perfect little gifts for teachers, paper boy/girl, pop in guests, stocking stuffers… the giveablity is huge and with 10 of them in your stash, easy:-)

Libby has offered to host this years and I will host the Canadian end should there be enough interest in a separate group.

I know you wanna sign up! I just know it, so ask your questions, search for a project and sign up! (Not necessarily in that order:-)

What I received one year. link

What I made the same year;-) link

Wiggle
Did I mention that you have till mid October to make and mail your gifts ...3 months! 12 weeks...(The exact date is not set yet but it's usually around there!)
edited by Dianepurls on 7/17/2010
7/20/2010 7:33:18 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
It would be fun to be involved with HUGe again this year. Don't know what to make except some things I already have finished. I've slowed down a lot! Jamie
7/20/2010 9:38:35 AM
Dianepurls
Dianepurls
Posts 28
Jamie wrote:
It would be fun to be involved with HUGe again this year. Don't know what to make except some things I already have finished. I've slowed down a lot! Jamie

Oh awesome Jamie! I'll sign you up:-) It's too much fun to miss out on!

Are you on Ravelry? Most of the discussion seems to be focused there, for some reason, but if you are or anyone else is... the topic is here..

link
edited by Dianepurls on 8/5/2010
7/20/2010 5:18:29 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
Dianepurls wrote:
OK people…Who doesn’t like a Christmas gift exchange?

It’s not hard… you just need to knit, crochet, sew , buy, create, 10 small gifts and you will get 10 different gifts in exchange. Give them away or hoard them, like I do. Perfect little gifts for teachers, paper boy/girl, pop in guests, stocking stuffers… the giveablity is huge and with 10 of them in your stash, easy:-)

Libby has offered to host this years and I will host the Canadian end should there be enough interest in a separate group.

I know you wanna sign up! I just know it, so ask your questions, search for a project and sign up! (Not necessarily in that order:-)

What I received one year. link

What I made the same year;-) link

Wiggle
Did I mention that you have till mid October to make and mail your gifts ...3 months! 12 weeks...(The exact date is not set yet but it's usually around there!)
edited by Dianepurls on 7/17/2010
7/20/2010 5:23:42 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
I participated two years ago and it was a lot of fun, indeed. But I just got a cast on my left wrist, so I'll have to see how things evolve before I can commit to anything. Thanks to you and Libby either way!
7/20/2010 8:28:27 PM
Dianepurls
Dianepurls
Posts 28
Marta wrote:
I participated two years ago and it was a lot of fun, indeed. But I just got a cast on my left wrist, so I'll have to see how things evolve before I can commit to anything. Thanks to you and Libby either way!

You do know that you can make, buy, sew, steal;-) gifts to give. It is terribly nice to have a hand made gift to exchange but it is totally up to the giver!!

So if your wrists are bothering you... there are other options!

Just a thought?
Hope you decide to join us!
Diane
7/29/2010 7:12:30 PM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
I am out for this year, it will be a busy fall. Hopefully next year!?!
8/5/2010 5:44:47 PM
Dianepurls
Dianepurls
Posts 28
258 views and only 3 people who would like to play our Christmas game with us? It's so much fun to recieve a mixed bag or should I say box, of gifts to give to others at Christmas. (Or keep them all for yourself like I usually do:-)

You only need to make 10 items.... 10 small items of any kind. Something you would gift to a child's teacher, mail lady, stocking stuffer, friends... We are Not asking you to knit 10 sweaters or shawls here:-)

Make 1 small item every week for 10 weeks. (Lots of time till it all has to be sent in to Libby!) Buy 10 cute things from the dollar store, craft fair, flea market.... if there is no time to make handcraft items this year.

The possibilities are endless.

(And if my DH opens my HUGe box again this year, I might a lawyer! LOL!)
8/6/2010 8:50:12 AM
Dianepurls
Dianepurls
Posts 28
Lets see, I think we have enough to say we can get started for 1 group. We have 8 for sure’s and 2 on the fence so that is 10….one short of a full group.

So we are safe to make at least 7 gifts…. hopefully we can get more people involved and the 2 fence sitters can come up with a project….It would be nice to have 1 full group, or 2 groups, but if not, it no big deal:-)

Me -Dianepurls
Kelly - Kellygirl
Libby - Libbyknitkins
Les - Les
Jamie - mittenaddict
Betsy - juniorgoddess
Trish (maybe?) - Mymerinomantra
Alice - AliceonSSI
Marta - (Maybe?)Outwest
Linda - Duckbunni

Here is a list of people involved or thinking about being involved with HUGe 2010! (Copied from our Ravelry discussion and the names after the names are Ravelry names.) Have I missed anyone? Anyone else like to join us?
edited by Dianepurls on 8/6/2010
8/23/2010 11:48:57 PM
birdlady
birdlady
Posts 1442
Dianepurls wrote:
It’s that time of year again, I am almost afraid to ask about this but I am gonna anyway:-)

I love the HUGe gift exchanges! (Even when they don’t work out? hummmm not going to go there, 2010 is a new year!)

So….Who is up for our little exchange?

Should we change the format to a US and a Canadian exchange? (2 separate ones?) Keep it the same?

Should we call it a miss?

Thoughts?

Your Christmas cheerleader:-)
Diane
8/23/2010 11:50:12 PM
birdlady
birdlady
Posts 1442
I MAY be interested. Does anyone know what happened to the items that were made last year?

Thanks
Denise
8/25/2010 9:47:15 AM
Dianepurls
Dianepurls
Posts 28
We are trying to think happy thoughts and pretend that last year didn't happen. Really.... What's done is done and only T. knows for sure:-)

Are you on Ravelry Denise? (Most of the organizing and chat seems to be over there...) link

PM me @ Dianepurls or email me @ dianepurls at gmail dot com and I'll fill you in on the details.

We would LOVE to have you aboard with us again:-)
Cheer
pages: 1
HomeGeneral ChatHUGe 2010 anyone?