HomeGeneral ChatSalt Spring Retreat
Messages in this topic - RSS
7/4/2010 8:06:55 AM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
I've been back for a week since Alice's knitting retreat on Salt Spring Island. What a wonderful time it was! I flew to Vancouver arriving at the same time as Skullyknits from San Antonio. Cherylclk picked us up and accommodated us overnight. We set off the next day for the ferry(s) to the island.
Sunset Farm was as beautiful as ever. The log house is on a hill overlooking a pastoral scene of a winding road through Douglas fir, pastures with sheep and a pond. Looking beyond, is a stunning scene of the the ocean passage between SSI and Vancouver Island. If only I could wake up to that every day.
This year we knit vests with half linen stitch. Alice designed a nice variety of vests for us to knit. One was a long pullover tunic style and the others were cardigan or wrap(ish) style. We used several colours of worsted or dk or sport weight yarn. I am working on the last piece, the back, of my vest.
We knit, we ate amazing meals and snacks prepared by Christopher and Jenny and Mark's wine. Mmmmmm!
We took several excursions to support the local economy and had a visit from ACB and Bob.
Nothing better than knitting something new with great company, conversation and hospitality in such a beautiful place.
7/4/2010 1:37:11 PM
Dianepurls
Dianepurls
Posts 28
I am so jealous!!

I am glad you had a good time and I do hope to make it out there some year:-)
7/5/2010 7:22:38 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Thanks, Les, for the report on your week on SSI. I have missed this and last year because of family and health matters. Hope to get there at least one more time. Your report really made me miss the company and beautiful setting. Happy summer!
Jamie
7/6/2010 10:23:20 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
I'm so glad all of you had a good time. It's a wonderful place and just as beautiful as you describe. It sounds like you managed to get a lot of things into one week, even got a lot of knitting done too! ha! I wish I could have been there with all of you this year, my past trips have been some of the best trips I've ever taken.
7/6/2010 10:50:23 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
Hope to see you all next year.
Alice
Salt Spring Island
7/6/2010 11:25:13 AM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
Something to look forward to, at some point...
7/7/2010 2:47:30 PM
angelah
angelah
Posts 63

An afternoon excursion took us to a nearby shore. Chris bought her chic new hat on the ferry from Vancouver.

Submitted by Les.
edited by angela@elann on 7/7/2010
7/29/2010 7:10:08 PM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
I am going to come back. That was one of the most fun trips I have ever been on. Glad y'all had fun.
pages: 1
HomeGeneral ChatSalt Spring Retreat