5/20/2010 7:20:41 PM
barbara 097102
barbara 097102
Posts 13
Hi ladies,
Got a beautiful delivery of Silken Kydd last week, but boy am I having trouble knitting it up. I knitted the same pattern up with just a pure silk and it came up lovely and no problems. Doing the same pattern with the Silken Kydd and have done nothing but pull out and reknit. I am wasting so much yarn. I think the problem is with the yarn overs on the knit row when I purl on the row coming back. It is so slippery and does not seem to wrap round as clearly as other yarns. If I tried and smooth the fibres down somehow would that make a difference. Maybe rubbing hand cream into my hands and then knitting??? It is such lovely wool and feels just like gossamer, but I am thinking that my shawl will end up being a woolly pocket handkerchief!! HELP!
PS so glad I got a stash in as our aussie dollar is spiralling downwards - darn I wished I'd bought some more!
5/21/2010 8:36:01 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
Try using bamboo needles. Sometimes Bryspuns help, too. Slippery needles make life difficult with Silken Kydd. Also, don't knit too tightly.

Alice
Salt Spring Island
5/21/2010 1:35:06 PM
barbara 097102
barbara 097102
Posts 13
Hi Alice, thank you for your suggestion. I have thousands of knitting needles, but will get some of the Bryspuns. The points are more defined by the looks of things.
pages: 1
HomeElann ChatSilken Kydd