HomeTechnique ChatBest yarn for a FAST blanket
Messages in this topic - RSS
5/5/2010 9:21:27 AM
shay
shay
Posts 4
Hello!
I am hoping for some advice regarding crocheting a blanket

A close friend has had a family tragedy and a bunch of our girlfriends are hoping to work together to make a blanket for her.
I was thinking of each person making a scarf like panel in the same wool..but of different colours and then sewing the panels together once everyone is done
I was thinking a big thick wool (or several strands of medium thick crochetted together) with a big crochet needle would look nice and be the fastest way to get it done.
I am hoping for advice for a soft yarn that would be good for a blanket and comes in a variety (6-8) different colours.
Thanks so much for any advice or help in this project! Much appreciated as I and my friends are pretty novice knitters/crochetters...
-shay
5/5/2010 9:32:50 AM
shay
shay
Posts 4
hello again! also advice regarding how much yarn per panel would be awesome!
5/5/2010 4:32:22 PM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
We knitted Benne's blanket out of Elann Highland Wool. I think the squares were 12 inches and each and each took just under a ball. This is easy to knit, shows stitch definition well, and is a pleasure to knit. Many, many colours.

I knitted 2 blankets for Christmas 2008 out of 10 stitches = 4 " quality Italian yarn. It was soft and cuddly and the blankets were well-received but it was very heavy on the hands to knit. Couldn't knit for as long at a time, so actually took longer to complete than if I had used HW.

Alice
Salt Spring Island
5/7/2010 9:58:14 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
I wanted to add that my blanket that my elann buds made for me is absolutely beautiful in Highland Wool and it's just the right weight, I love it!
pages: 1
HomeTechnique ChatBest yarn for a FAST blanket