HomeProduct ChatShirley Paden book
Messages in this topic - RSS
4/16/2010 10:01:47 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
I have seen the new Shirley Paden book, Knitwear Design Workshop, and it is wonderful, one of those books that gets used over and over again. I have always admired Shirley Paden's designs because I think they take knitwear a step beyond with construction and detail found in tailored and couture garments. I know there are talented designers here and think it would be a wonderful Mother's Day or birthday gift. Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone needs to put in requests to family and friends.
4/17/2010 9:53:12 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
I agree, Benne. Sherri at Watermark Books ordered it for me so I've had it since the moment it was released by the publishers. It's not the sort of book to sit and read from cover to cover - just too much to absorb - but the type to consult frequently for what you need to know at that moment. Love the sleeves on the cover! I think you need this book, Benne - how's that for enabling?

Alice
Salt Spring Island
4/19/2010 6:38:57 AM
patw
patw
Posts 2826
Benne,

Amazon is selling Shirley's book for $26.40. I put it on my wish list. Alice thanks for the review.
PatQOC
4/22/2010 1:31:14 PM
bri
bri
Posts 3164
I'm late to the party on this one, but I've had it since it was published. It's a wonderful, wonderful reference. All the talk about knit math was so helpful. I know I will use it and return to it for years.
4/28/2010 12:42:55 PM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
I agree with Everyone.... GREAT reference book and how to go about organizing your thoughts and translating them to a finished garment
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatShirley Paden book