HomeElann AnnouncementsHighland Wool Contest ends soon!
Messages in this topic - RSS
4/13/2010 5:16:24 PM
angelah
angelah
Posts 63
Our Highland Wool contest ends in just a couple of weeks, on April 30, 2010, but there is still time to enter your completed elann.com Peruvian Highland Wool project for a chance to win one of 5 prizes of $100.00 elann dollar credits!

To submit a project, click here, or go to our Project Gallery and click on 'Submit Your Project and Learn about our Project Contests!'
Fill in the text boxes and drop down menus, making sure to select the 'Submit for Highland Wool Project Contest' radio button (circle should be filled in). Once your project has been approved, please consider adding extra images to highlight special details about your project.

If you don't have an elann.com Peruvian Highland Wool project to enter, please participate by voting for one of the projects that have been submitted!
4/14/2010 9:58:47 AM
pamikity
pamikity
Posts 22
I wanted to vote in your Highland Wool contest. How do I vote for an approved sweater pictured in Project Gallery?
pamikity-902851
4/15/2010 7:57:18 AM
angelah
angelah
Posts 63
pamikity-902851 wrote:
I wanted to vote in your Highland Wool contest. How do I vote for an approved sweater pictured in Project Gallery?
pamikity-902851

Hi Pam,

in the interests of fairness, contest entrants are not allowed to vote for their own projects. As we are offering 5 prizes, we do encourage you to vote for your favorite project from among the other entries.

Angela
4/15/2010 9:22:50 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Hi Angela, I am not entering the contest and would like to vote. How do I do this? I'm a bit techinally challenged, please help!
4/15/2010 1:05:20 PM
angelah
angelah
Posts 63
Hi Jamie,

here is a list of all of our current contest entries:

PhylliSweater
Wine Bottle Cozies
Felted Bag
Cinxia
Felted Clogs
Multicolor Cardigan
Willow's Pullover
DH's Gansey
Leja's Pretty Sweater
Sydney's Sweater
SCUBA pullover
John and Kate's Wedding Afghan
Child's Pinwheel sweater
Mon Gilet de Laine - Nora's Sweater
Two Measures of Joy
Vittadini pullover
Fair Isle pullover
Pearl the Knitter
Oak Leaf Hoodie
Symon's Valley Blanket
Felted Hobo Bag - what's old is new again
Purple Felted Clogs
Olympic Luminen
Bri's Mondo Cable Cardi

new entries April 30, 2010:
Felted Christmas Stocking
Highland Wool Gloves
Ribby Cardi

Click on the projects to view them, and vote for your favorite!
edited by petra@elann on 4/22/2010
edited by angela@elann on 4/30/2010
edited by angela@elann on 5/3/2010
4/16/2010 7:48:00 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Thanks, Angela!
4/16/2010 9:49:01 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
angela@elann wrote:
Our Highland Wool contest ends in just a couple of weeks, on April 30, 2010, but there is still time to enter your completed elann.com Peruvian Highland Wool project for a chance to win one of 5 prizes of $100.00 elann dollar credits!

To submit a project, click here, or go to our Project Gallery and click on 'Submit Your Project and Learn about our Project Contests!'
Fill in the text boxes and drop down menus, making sure to select the 'Submit for Highland Wool Project Contest' radio button (circle should be filled in). Once your project has been approved, please consider adding extra images to highlight special details about your project.

If you don't have an elann.com Peruvian Highland Wool project to enter, please participate by voting for one of the projects that have been submitted!

I just voted and I ran out of votes! There are so many beautiful projects and I know there are even more that haven't been posted. Good luck, everyone and thanks to elann for having this contest. I love Highland Wool, and it's great to see what people have made with it.
4/17/2010 4:35:19 AM
capt.ron7245
capt.ron7245
Posts 1
Thank you Angela for the list. It makes it soooo much easier to veiw all the contestants. I'm new to the website, a fellow knitter turned me on to it about a year ago, and I must say I Love it. Love the Highland Wool, soooo many colors to choose from I had to order the shade card. I've never had a stash of yarn before, but I do now
Good luck to everyone,
Linda
4/20/2010 12:31:14 PM
psophia17
psophia17
Posts 100
Hello everyone,

Entries are still coming in, and I've been updating Angela's list above as each new entry appears in the Project Gallery.

Don't forget to cast your vote for your favorite!
4/21/2010 7:15:03 PM
Della
Della
Posts 152
benne wrote:

I just voted and I ran out of votes! There are so many beautiful projects and I know there are even more that haven't been posted. Good luck, everyone and thanks to elann for having this contest. I love Highland Wool, and it's great to see what people have made with it.

Can you vote more than once??

Della
4/22/2010 9:36:32 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
HI Della, I have found that you can vote for multiple projects, but can only vote once for any one.
I have voted for several. After all, there are five prizes.
Happy knitting, Jamie
4/22/2010 1:31:50 PM
bri
bri
Posts 3164
I didn't see my entry. Oh well. It's such a fun contest.
4/22/2010 3:01:13 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4496
bri wrote:

Bri, are you entering your Mondo Cable cardigan in the Boysenberry HW? I think you have to go in and edit the project and make sure you click on the box that says you want it entered in the contest. I hope you do that, since I want to vote for it!
4/22/2010 5:44:46 PM
psophia17
psophia17
Posts 100
Sandra D wrote:
I think you have to go in and edit the project and make sure you click on the box that says you want it entered in the contest. I hope you do that, since I want to vote for it!

Hi Bri,

Sandra is correct, you can now go into your project (and all the projects you've submitted to our gallery in the past), and edit the details. If the project is using our Highland Wool, you can enter it into the contest. This time, though, I've edited the project so it's in the contest so that I could also merge the close-up of the collar and the full picture with details into one project listing. The link has been added to the list above.
4/22/2010 6:37:58 PM
Della
Della
Posts 152
bri wrote:

It's there now. Do you have bigger pictures, Bri? I can't see it very well.

Della
4/28/2010 12:40:36 PM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
angela@elann wrote:

Only a couple of more days until we find out who the winners are.....My nerves are shot and I'm needing a drink!

Libby
4/30/2010 2:57:29 AM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
The contest ends today but when are the winners announced?
4/30/2010 1:04:31 PM
ecasey
ecasey
Posts 2668
I only just remembered about the contest, oh well!

I don't think there's a remote chance that you won't win a prize Lib, all your entries are GORGEOUS!

--
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the STARS!" (Oscar Wilde)
5/1/2010 10:23:29 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Hi Eileen, Your projects are really lovely. Love the mittens and the stocking, who can't like it! Sorry you posted so late. I didn't get back on computer last night, so missed them! It's a shame there were not more entries, but I enjoyed looking at them all and did a fair amount of voting!
Jamie
5/1/2010 10:26:04 AM
angelah
angelah
Posts 63
Libby wrote:
The contest ends today but when are the winners announced?

The winners of the contest will be announced on Monday after we've tabulated all of the votes.

Have a great weekend everybody!
pages: 1
HomeElann AnnouncementsHighland Wool Contest ends soon!