HomeElann ChatVerena magazine
Messages in this topic - RSS
3/25/2010 8:58:35 AM
Darla
Darla
Posts 181
Greetings all,
I read but almost never post, but today I have a question. I subscribe to Verena magazine and just got an email requesting and extra $2.50 to cover increased mailing costs. I wondered if it was a scam of sorts because I've never heard of a subsciption cost going up after the subscription has started. Does anyone else receive Verena? If so did you get this email requesting more money?
3/25/2010 10:48:06 AM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Darla wrote:
Greetings all,
I read but almost never post, but today I have a question. I subscribe to Verena magazine and just got an email requesting and extra $2.50 to cover increased mailing costs. I wondered if it was a scam of sorts because I've never heard of a subsciption cost going up after the subscription has started. Does anyone else receive Verena? If so did you get this email requesting more money?

That does sound odd! I would call the toll-free number in my magazine to verify that the email was from Verena. And if it were indeed legitimate it doesn't seem right that they would request extra after you've paid for your subscription.
3/26/2010 10:29:22 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Darla wrote:
Greetings all,

That sounds like an email scam to me. I subscribe to Verena and I did not receive anything like that. I would not click on anything in the email but do as SandraD suggested and call the toll-free number at Verena in the magazine. Don't contact them using any info in the email. Verena may want you to forward the email to them for tracing.
3/29/2010 12:18:33 PM
Darla
Darla
Posts 181
Thanks for the ideas. I did call the toll free number from the magazine and they told me it was true and offerend me another in-office number to call to discuss it with them. I didn't call that number. A couple of days later, there was another email to appologizing for the first request. Strangest thing I ever saw.
3/29/2010 9:17:14 PM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
That is truly bizarre. I cannot imagine who thought that would be a good idea. I know they have reorganized at Verena and are now under the editorial guidance of Margery Winter, which is a very good sign for the magazine. I wonder if someone sent out an internal email by mistake?
pages: 1
HomeElann ChatVerena magazine