HomeTechnique ChatKnitting Abbreviations
Messages in this topic - RSS
3/23/2010 3:58:03 AM
barbara 097102
barbara 097102
Posts 13
Hi all - a friend asked me today if I knew what K1 LT and K1 RT means in a pattern she found. Unfortunately the key was missing for the pattern. The picture of the pattern looked like a fancy rib. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Barb
3/23/2010 7:41:21 AM
suzeeq
suzeeq
Posts 112
It usually means Left Twist and R Twist, but they're done with 2 sts usually.
3/23/2010 7:53:46 AM
Nanci
Nanci
Posts 5
LT (Left Twist): Bring right needle behind left needle and knit into back of second stitch on left needle without dropping st from needle; knit into front of first stitch on left needle, drop both stitches from left needle.

RT (Right Twist): K2tog but do not drop sts from left needle, knit again into first st on left needle, drop both stitches from left needle.

It is a simple way to make a tiny cable with out an extra needle. The instructions were poorly written.
N
3/24/2010 2:17:03 AM
barbara 097102
barbara 097102
Posts 13
Hi Suzeeq and Nanci
Thank you for your responses to my question, Inna is thrilled. I work with this lovely lady and she is an experienced knitter - but like me, not quite au faix (sorry, this French is wrong) with Canadian/American patterns. Inna knits squares (after working full time and knitting other things) to make blankets for an organisation in Africa. I am going to organise a "knit in" - in our July school holidays and have a day of chat, knitting and eating and drinking - might have to make it over a few days!!! Maybe organise an Elann party at the same time and do a bulk order on line!!! It is so wonderful to get your support from the other side of the world, and wonderful that Elann have this fabulous website which facilitates this kind of contact. Thank you very very much.
Barb
3/24/2010 5:32:30 AM
Nanci
Nanci
Posts 5
Glad to have been helpful. The knit-in is a lovely idea.
N
4/1/2010 10:09:01 AM
labslady2003
labslady2003
Posts 2
Question: Pattern reads *k1 sl 1 wyif, repeat from * Can someone try to walk me through the process, I think I am doing it right but want to make sure before I need to rip it out again.
Thank you in advance
4/1/2010 10:14:50 AM
Nanci
Nanci
Posts 5
labslady2003-434532 wrote:
Question: Pattern reads *k1 sl 1 wyif, repeat from * Can someone try to walk me through the process, I think I am doing it right but want to make sure before I need to rip it out again.
Thank you in advance

K1, bring yarn to front of work before slipping the next stitch. It is assumed that the stitch will be slipped purlwise unless otherwise stated in the instuctions.

Nanci
pages: 1
HomeTechnique ChatKnitting Abbreviations