HomeElann ChatShopping and my cart stays empty!
Messages in this topic - RSS
3/6/2010 10:38:40 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
I've run into Betsy-hell. I keep putting yarn in my shopping cart, and my cart stays empty. Wahhhhh!

(No, really, I put some in, went to look at shipping, it said log in to look at it, and I did. Haven't been able to see anything but empty cart since-and I have tried to add a lot of yarn! Is it my browser?)
3/6/2010 10:56:01 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
And here's the error message I got when I logged in again, and was asked if I wanted my old cart contents-

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
remember_cart.btn_yes_Click(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +3325
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +108
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +118
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565
3/7/2010 8:49:39 AM
suzeeq
suzeeq
Posts 112
It did the same thing for me. When I had to login again everything was straightened out. So you might try that.
3/7/2010 8:59:55 AM
acb
acb
Posts 1462
Bets, at first we thought this was an IE 8 issue, but we've had reports of the same with some other browsers too, and we're making it our top priority to get to the root of the problem and fix it. In the meantime, we think that clearing out your browser cache may fix the problem. If you're using IE:

Click Tools>Internet Options, then halfway down that tab, you'll see "Browsing History" Click "delete", and you'll be taken to a new screen with 7 check boxes. The first one, "Preserve Favorites Website Data" needs to be unchecked. The next 3 should be checked off, and then the last 3 unchecked. Now click delete at the bottom of the dialog box, and all cookies, old bookmarks, etc. will be wiped out.

After that, close and re-open your browser, and see if you're in the clear. If there's anything still in your shopping cart, remove it, and start again.
3/7/2010 11:30:47 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Ann, I am in Safari. I closed my browser and restarted it. When I logged in, it showed an item from a previous visit, so I added a few balls of yarn. I got the "empty cart".

I want a Romy and Michelle moment (see clip at 2:00-3:00!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlywvQcgIhE
3/7/2010 4:40:29 PM
acb
acb
Posts 1462
Bets, we've been working all day on this issue, and Peter thinks we may now have it solved. Can you try again? If you log on and see anything in your cart, remove it, and then log off, close your browser, re-open it, log on, and put something in your cart, and you be able to get to the first cart page (basket.aspx).
3/7/2010 5:15:24 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Ok, it works now! Thank Peter for all his hard work!!!
3/7/2010 5:56:11 PM
acb
acb
Posts 1462
Will do, Bets - such a relief to get that one solved! I celebrated by checking out Romy and Michelle - pretty funny - did you feel like Julia as Pretty Woman when she couldn't shop? That was my favorite part of the clip when Lisa Kudro choked back a sob of joy when Julia was finally able to shop.
3/7/2010 9:26:05 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
That was exactly it, Ann. I needed to have THAT moment.

;-)
5/19/2010 7:24:17 AM
hilary
hilary
Posts 2
I had this same problem yesterday (5/18) on Safari, but not on Firefox. Today, Safari is working. However on Firefox I am getting scary "invalid security certificate" messages when I try to log on.
edited by hilary on 5/19/2010
5/19/2010 8:37:08 AM
psophia17
psophia17
Posts 100
hilary wrote:
I had this same problem yesterday (5/18) on Safari, but not on Firefox. Today, Safari is working. However on Firefox I am getting scary "invalid security certificate" messages when I try to log on.
edited by hilary on 5/19/2010

Hi Hilary,

I wonder if you could please send an email to my attention (petra@elann.com) with details about your progress through our website, both in Safari and Firefox, so that we can troubleshoot this problem for you, and forward it to our webmaster for resolution.

Thanks very much,
5/19/2010 12:30:56 PM
hilary
hilary
Posts 2
Done. Thanks for your help!
pages: 1
HomeElann ChatShopping and my cart stays empty!