HomeElann ChatWow! The new site has totally different shipping!
Messages in this topic - RSS
3/5/2010 8:21:33 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
I don't know whether to be super excited with greed, or filled with dread that my most useful brake on the way to the Submit button is gone. How many times did I not order because of the reality check supplied by shipping to the east coast? I just checked on a couple of sweaters worth of yarn and it was all i could do not to go for it!. I just hope Elann doesn't lose money shipping all these lovelies to us on the east coast!
3/5/2010 11:57:08 AM
ScullyKnits
ScullyKnits
Posts 2451
My thought exactly. I have no doubt I'll buy more yarn now. Which is not good for the stash/knitting time ratio.
3/5/2010 2:54:07 PM
Dianepurls
Dianepurls
Posts 28
Is it me or has the Canadian shipping rates gone down, too?

Hard to believe since CP's rates keep going up.
3/5/2010 7:33:34 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
I feel the same way, I can get a whole lot of yarn (10 lbs, guesstimating over 60 50g balls) delivered for $8 now, how dangerous is that!!
3/5/2010 10:18:07 PM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Oh, crap, I'm in trouble now. I thought it was different and lower when I was cruising around looking at things, but now that y'all have confirmed it, it's going to be really hard not to order more. And it was a battle before, of course, one that I often lost.
3/6/2010 7:17:17 AM
suzeeq
suzeeq
Posts 112
I can't shop. I'm logged in, and when I put a quantity in and click Add to Cart, the page 'Your cart is Empty' comes up. And View cart shows it empty too. Why is that.
3/6/2010 10:51:40 AM
acb
acb
Posts 1462
suzeeq wrote:
I can't shop. I'm logged in, and when I put a quantity in and click Add to Cart, the page 'Your cart is Empty' comes up. And View cart shows it empty too. Why is that.

Are you using IE8? There were some issues with this yesterday, but they should be fixed now. Could you please try closing and reopening your browser, and let me know if that fixes the problem for you?
3/6/2010 11:45:48 AM
suzeeq
suzeeq
Posts 112
No, I'm using Firefox. But I had to log in again to reply to your post, and they're in my cart now. I dunno why it didn't update it earlier. Must be the browser.
3/6/2010 12:57:23 PM
acb
acb
Posts 1462
Be sure to let me know if the problem crops up again, Suzeeq.
3/6/2010 2:38:53 PM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
I'm not sure how to respond to a particular person here, and I can't find how to do that, but my main problem is I have to log in every single time I open the website. I'm using Firefox, latest update. I did not close the browser window but left it open and went to another site on a different tab and the elann site made me log in again. I am,of course, logged in using my email address. I couldn't find anywhere that left me to option to remain signed in. I hope there is one, oh please, or Peter can make one that gives us that option.

eta: I haven't tried to buy anything yet so I don't know what will happen then. I had to log in again whether or not I closed the browser tab.
edited by benne on 3/6/2010
3/6/2010 7:53:04 PM
suzeeq
suzeeq
Posts 112
benne wrote:
I'm not sure how to respond to a particular person here, and I can't find how to do that, but my main problem is I have to log in every single time I open the website. I'm using Firefox, latest update. I did not close the browser window but left it open and went to another site on a different tab and the elann site made me log in again. I am,of course, logged in using my email address. I couldn't find anywhere that left me to option to remain signed in. I hope there is one, oh please, or Peter can make one that gives us that option.

eta: I haven't tried to buy anything yet so I don't know what will happen then. I had to log in again whether or not I closed the browser tab.
edited by benne on 3/6/2010

It does the same thing to me. Apparently that's how the new software works. Would be nice if you could at least choose how long to stay logged in - an hour, 4 hours, 8 hours, forever....

To reply to someone you can choose to Reply with Quote, it's in the brownish bar at the top of each post.
3/7/2010 8:43:03 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Thanks. Yes, it would be nice to be logged on for at least a day at a time like ebay and some other sites allow. I'm still poking around in corners and will try to order something today as a test. It's a real burden, but I guess I can find something I want.
edited by benne on 3/7/2010
3/7/2010 8:51:40 AM
suzeeq
suzeeq
Posts 112
benne wrote:
Thanks. Yes, it would be nice to be logged on for at least a day at a time like ebay and some other sites allow. I'm still poking around in corners and will try to order something today as a test. It's a real burden, but I guess I can find something I want.

And when I login, it takes me to my cart, or my profile page. Would be nice if it went to the forum or something. Saves extra clicking. Though with all the menus at the top, it's not so bad.
3/7/2010 8:54:14 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
suzeeq wrote:
benne wrote:

And when I login, it takes me to my cart, or my profile page. Would be nice if it went to the forum or something. Saves extra clicking. Though with all the menus at the top, it's not so bad.

Yes, I would like that. You may have noticed I am struggling with the quotes this morning! HA!
3/13/2010 3:03:26 PM
sottwell
sottwell
Posts 2
Unfortunately (or fortunately, however you want to look at it) the changes in shipping will bring my stash building to a screeching halt. I used to order almost everything surface shipping for International shipping, but now that the option is no longer being offered, the air shipping rates raise the cost too high.

Sure, it took three months to arrive, but that was half the fun. For years now I've ordered once a month, and by the time it arrives I've forgotten what it was I ordered, so every month was a lovely surprise.

I really hate to be going back to buying locally; all I can get here is either cheap Chinese synthetics, or really bad wool from Turkey. There is an alpaca farm an hour's walk from my house, but their machines are so ancient and in poor shape that the yarn really isn't worth working with. Not to mention that their prices are higher than the most expensive online sites for undyed alpaca. Elann has really been my lifeline for a long time now; I'll admit I even cried a bit when I saw the change in the shipping choices and realized I've seen the end of an era.

--
Knitting for more than half a decade around the world
3/13/2010 3:54:50 PM
mdjones
mdjones
Posts 7
Dianepurls wrote:
Is it me or has the Canadian shipping rates gone down, too?

Yes, they have. Oh &@%#! I'm in trouble now.Big Grin

--
Marg aka Nittineedles
pages: 1
HomeElann ChatWow! The new site has totally different shipping!