HomeElann ChatFREE PATTERNS
Messages in this topic - RSS
7/8/2004 1:48:14 PM
elaine
elaine
Posts 420
What happens to the old if any free patterns?
7/8/2004 1:53:40 PM
acb
acb
Posts 1459
Hi Elaine,
If you`re wondering about free patterns Elann has offered in the past, but no longer offers, I`m sorry, but once they`re gone, they`re usually gone for good. We offer free patterns by generous permission of the yarn companies that design them, as a way of promoting their yarns. Once the yarn for a free pattern sells out, therefore, we no longer offer the patterns that were written for that yarn. The only exception would be if we were able to re-stock a previously sold out yarn for a particular pattern.
7/8/2004 6:34:41 PM
elaine
elaine
Posts 420
Thanks for the info.
7/8/2004 7:49:25 PM
Clearly, the wise thing for us to do is to check frequently, and print out what we might want when we see it... We are free to do this, right Ann?
7/8/2004 7:56:43 PM
acb
acb
Posts 1459
Of course!
1/31/2008 2:33:30 PM
bobber
bobber
Posts 2
I would like to know what patterns people have been particularly please with and what yarn they used.
1/31/2008 3:44:45 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
What kind of project do you have in mind - sweater, shawl, scarf, bag,...?

Marta
1/31/2008 5:26:42 PM
Billie
Billie
Posts 2646
Bobber, my ALL-TIME-FAVORITE: http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=104024
Loved it!!!!!!! I made mine quite a bit longer. Great pattern for improvising; I`d highly recommend it.

I used Lanas Stop, YesPlease...weird name, but that`s what the yarn was called...Loved it, too!
7/1/2010 2:51:13 PM
ifdefelseif
ifdefelseif
Posts 1
ACB wrote:
Hi Elaine,
If you`re wondering about free patterns Elann has offered in the past, but no longer offers, I`m sorry, but once they`re gone, they`re usually gone for good. We offer free patterns by generous permission of the yarn companies that design them, as a way of promoting their yarns. Once the yarn for a free pattern sells out, therefore, we no longer offer the patterns that were written for that yarn. The only exception would be if we were able to re-stock a previously sold out yarn for a particular pattern.

Would it be possible to have an information page about free patterns that are no longer offered, like the information page about yarns that are no longer available? I believe most of the patterns were originally available elsewhere, in yarn manufacturer's pattern books, or sometimes magazines. Because most of the patterns are on Ravelry, people see them all the time and want to knit them. At least if there was information about where they originally came from, people could try to find the original booklets used.
7/30/2010 7:12:06 PM
mamlynarski56
mamlynarski56
Posts 1
ABC, What a wonderful idea ! I 'm presently looking for a stole pattern that I unfortunatly did not get the name of nor the yarn that was used. Oops!! Your idea would have certainly helped.
8/1/2010 12:00:14 PM
Dianepurls
Dianepurls
Posts 28
Billie wrote:
Bobber, my ALL-TIME-FAVORITE: https://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=104024
Loved it!!!!!!! I made mine quite a bit longer. Great pattern for improvising; I`d highly recommend it.

I used Lanas Stop, YesPlease...weird name, but that`s what the yarn was called...Loved it, too!

Billie.... That link is just a general link to the free patterns? I don't think that was your intention so which pattern were you referring to?
8/4/2010 10:11:30 PM
Billie
Billie
Posts 2646
Billie.... That link is just a general link to the free patterns? I don't think that was your intention so which pattern were you referring to?

Diane, this is the pattern...we'll see if it links directly...

ARAN WEIGHT LACE CROPPED CARDIGAN

(...assuming I can figure out how to link properly!)
edited by petra@elann on 8/5/2010
8/5/2010 6:11:48 AM
psophia17
psophia17
Posts 100
Billie wrote:

(...assuming I can figure out how to link properly!)

Hi Billie,

I think I've fixed the first link, and once it displayed correctly, I removed the second link, which wasn't behaving.

The coding should be as follows (no spaces) to show a link:
[ url = link url ] text you'd like to display [ /url ]

I'm not sure why it only worked once in your post, but it had been working properly before. In any case, it's now on the list for troubleshooting.
8/5/2010 7:36:29 PM
Billie
Billie
Posts 2646
Thanks, Petra!
pages: 1
HomeElann ChatFREE PATTERNS