Lacy Summer Top

Contest Entry: 2012 09 - Designer of the Month

Knitter/Crocheter: CherishedKnits
Gauge: Sport / 5 Ply
Project Type: Summer Tops
Project For: Children
Yarn Used: elann.com Lara
Pattern Used: My own, original design

This lacy summer top is knit in elann.com Lara. This garment is close fit. Arm hole openings and neck line are finished with simple crochet edging.

6/2/2012 6:49:19 AM
haze
haze
Posts 25
Beautiful!! I have 4 granddaughters that would love this!! If you ever publish the pattern please let me know
6/2/2012 10:23:39 PM
CherishedKnits
CherishedKnits
Posts 19
Thank you very much for your comment.
I am greatly encouraged by your request about the pattern. This is my first time ever I posted my projects on internet, though I've been knitting for many years, since childhood. I was planning on making my patterns to share, and will try to do my best to make it happen sooner than later
6/7/2012 5:19:53 PM
nazli_hassan
nazli_hassan
Posts 2
I have seen this dress! and the image does not do it justice. It is a dress with a sheen and a structure that makes it look alive. I wish I could knit like that.
6/7/2012 7:48:35 PM
CherishedKnits
CherishedKnits
Posts 19
nazli_hassan wrote:
I have seen this dress! and the image does not do it justice. It is a dress with a sheen and a structure that makes it look alive. I wish I could knit like that.

Thank you for both of your comments. I knit for many years, but it does not happen too often that I am pleased, myself, with the results. These two turned out to be even better than I have imagined them. I've especially been surprised how luminous is the fabric made of Lara white yarn. I think if someone would wish to make a bridal gown, this yarn would be a good choice.
6/30/2012 10:32:37 AM
brooklyn60
brooklyn60
Posts 2
I think this is a winner hands down!
7/1/2012 1:48:17 AM
CherishedKnits
CherishedKnits
Posts 19
brooklyn60 wrote:
I think this is a winner hands down!

Thank you very much. You are very kind.