HomeTechnique ChatHelp w/pattern ...
Messages in this topic - RSS
4/8/2013 11:15:19 AM
kvh38
kvh38
Posts 2
Hi ... I'm just getting back into knitting after a 2 year hiatus and I bought the Mirasol Tika yarn and got the pattern for the Wari Summer Top from the Mirasol Collection Book 2. I'm a bit confused by the 3rd row of the pattern stitch wherein you have to ("yrn" knit 1) 6 times then knit together 3 times (don't have pattern in front of me - at work ... shh ..). I searched "yrn" which is basically a yarn over. When I do that, I'm coming up with a lot more stitches on my needle than the original 146 stitches than I started with. Seems to be simple enough, but I'm definitely doing something wrong ...

Has anyone does this lovely pattern that maybe able to assist me?

Thanks,

Karen
4/11/2013 10:47:33 AM
maggie
maggie
Posts 59
Hi Karen,

I took a look at the Wari pattern for you.

3rd Patt Row: K1, *(k2tog) 3 times, (yrn, k1) 6 times, (k2tog) 3 times rep from * to last st, k1.

You should end up with the correct number of stitches after doing this row. You'll notice you first take 3 sts away, make 6 sts and then take 3 sts away again. So for each stitch you make, you will also removing one.

Please let me know if this helps. You can also email me directly at maggie@elann.com and I would be happy to help.

All my best,
Maggie
4/11/2013 11:22:47 AM
kvh38
kvh38
Posts 2
Hi Maggie,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, that's what I thought that I would be taking away stitches and adding and that it would come out to be the same. However, when I get to the end, I'm not ending with enough stitches to do (k2tog) 3 times and then a k1. Instead it's ending with the (yrn, k1) 6 times and with like 4 stitches or something left over. And I can tell there's definitely A LOT more stitches than 146 from what I started. I'm apparently not doing something right ... even got the Knitting for Dummies book out ... LOL

I'm going to have to try it again (third time) and see what happens.

Thanks again,

Karen
4/11/2013 12:55:24 PM
maggie
maggie
Posts 59
Hi Karen,

I plan on knitting this for myself at sometime in the future, so I thought I would grab my needles and give it a go. I cast on 64 sts which is half the number needed for the smallest size. Row 3 is knit over an 18 st repeat, so I should be able to repeat the pattern 3.5 times with the 1 stitch at the begining of the row. I was able to repeat the pattern a full 3 times with 9 sts leftover at the end which is correct.

May I ask how many stitches you have on your needles after casting on?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

All my best,
Maggie
pages: 1
HomeTechnique ChatHelp w/pattern ...