Posts 67
Fibre Content: 85% Extrafine Merino/ 15% Camel
Made In: Italy
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Knit: 18 st/4 inches 5.0mm (US 8)
Yardage: 100 m (109 yards)
Size: 50g (1.75 oz) ball
Price: US$3.98

An aran weight blend of extrafine merino and camel, Italian-spun to creamy soft perfection.

Standard price for this yarn is US$8.95 - elann.com discounted price saves you as much as 55%!

Unblocked, Blocked & Ravelry.com yarn page link

So I’m in agreement with all the comments on the August Peeks thread and in the comments on the yarn page. This one is lovely. And for a DB yarn (which tends to be expensive with short yardage), this isn’t a bad bargain at all!

I had no problems with splitting, frogging, breaking, pilling or hitting gauge. Un-bee-weave-able!

The stitch definition is nice, with plump stitches after a bath that just fill in, but made no noticeable difference in gauge. The hand is lovely, with it flowing off the needles without needing to look or making my hands ache (which they did with that expensive wet spun sportweight linen I’d just used!).

Not a bad color selections, especially if you like pinks and purples. It did tickle my neck the tiniest bit, but I didn’t put conditioner in it’s bath (erm, I ran out. lol) so that might help. I used bamboo needles, but could have easily used metal with no problems. If you want speed, choose metal.

The line forms over ---------->.

Notes:
- US8 (5mm) bamboo
- Preblock and postblock gauge - 18s/4”, 6rpi
- Frogged well
- Did not split
- Could not bring up a pill
- Can knit by feel
- Even stitches, with good definition
- Could not break
- Tiny bit tickly
pages: 1