HomeTechnique ChatPlease help - Lustrado Crocheted Pinwheel pattern
Messages in this topic - RSS
6/24/2012 5:50:48 AM
crochetlover
crochetlover
Posts 2
I currently crochet this wondeful pattern and I am on round 8 but my project tends to get curly altgough I did make my tension looser.My yarn is cotton dk and my hook is 3,5mm.
what am I doing wrong?
6/25/2012 1:54:49 PM
mayumi
mayumi
Posts 38
Lustrado Crocheted Pinwheel was crocheted with fingering weight yarn and 3.0 mm crochet hook. We think the curly problem might be caused by different weight of yarn and the hook.

My co-worker, Flora crocheted a swatch with elann.com Sonata which is DK weight yarn. It curls a little bit, but it is flat after blocking. In her experience, if it starts to curl, you can add extra stitches around that row, and even more in the next row. In this pattern, she suggested that when you do v stitch, you could do 2 chain stitches (dc1, ch 2, dc1) instead of 1 chain stitch as the pattern calls.

If your project tends to get curly a lot, can you please send us a photo so that we can look into it, and might be able to give you other suggestions?

Mayumi
customerservice@elann.com
6/25/2012 10:19:07 PM
crochetlover
crochetlover
Posts 2
I appreciate it a lot that you have spend time on creating a swatch.

I have blocked my project on the current round -is it ok to block a project when its not yet finished?- and I will apply your suggestions on following rounds.

Thank you so much for your help.
6/26/2012 1:19:54 PM
mayumi
mayumi
Posts 38
I think blocking in the middle of your project won't be a problem. Personally, I like to try different things until I find what works for me. Please let me know how your project goes. If you have any question or problem, please let me know. I would be happy to assist you. Thank you!

Mayumi
customerservice@elann.com
pages: 1
HomeTechnique ChatPlease help - Lustrado Crocheted Pinwheel pattern