Posts 67
Fibre Content: 100% Pima Cotton Bottone
Made In: Chile
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Knit: 18-20 st/4 inches 4.5mm (US 7)
Yardage: 110 m (120 yards)
Size: 100g (3.5 oz) skein
Price: US$4.88

Big 100g hanks of artisan-dyed, supersoft, worsted weight Pima cotton with subtle textural nups!

Standard price for this yarn is US$13.98 - elann.com discounted price saves you as much as 65%!

Unblocked & Blocked

So, knowing my proclivity to disliking boucle, I was ready to gnash my teeth at this one. Not so. It was quite pleasing to knit. The yarn is made up of two shiny mercerized plies with the little boucle bits wrapped around two lightly twisted heavier plies of the cotton. You can see this in the After picture. The two outer wraps have a bit of sheen to them, along with being a slightly darker color, giving the resulting fabric some depth. The hand was medium, not super soft as a springy merino, but not like butcher’s twine either. The blocked fabric was nice and soft.

While it frogged fine, it was a bit tedious to get the stitches back on the needles. Attention needs to be paid to getting the two shiny outer plies on, while getting the solid core on. I had to fiddle with a half dozen, or so, of my 20 stitches. Though fiddly to reinsert the needle from frogging, I only split one stitch while doing the knitting, which I thought was pretty good. I expected the two outer plies to kind of worm their way down the inner strands, but it didn’t happen. I was very happy with that!

The fabric ends up just slightly nubby and cohesive, with most of the stitch definition being lost after the blocking, as the yarn plumped up nicely. While there aren’t many projects, there is one hat which has a lace pattern to it. You can see that the lace works ok, but does get rather lost. The best fabric, IMHO, would be stockinette, to let the yarn shine on its own.

Overall, if you’re looking for a heavier weight cotton for a simple pullover or cardi for cool 3-season wear, this might be a good choice for you.

Notes:
- US7 (4.5mm) plastic
- Unblocked gauge - 19s/4”, 7rpi
- Blocked gauge - 18s/4”, 6.5rpi
- Frogged well, watch putting all plies back on needles
- Could not break
- Medium hand
- Soft after blocking
- May pill
- Slightly nubby fabric
- Best in simple stitches
pages: 1