HomeTechnique ChatPI Topper Chemo Cap
Messages in this topic - RSS
6/1/2011 6:05:29 PM
ken_groen
ken_groen
Posts 4
PI Topper Chemo hat: I am having problems following the Create wide edge/hat band: Am I missing something. How do you not use the first K2 tog to stay at 14 stitches?
edited by ken_groen on 6/1/2011
6/2/2011 10:24:17 AM
maggie
maggie
Posts 56
Hi Ken,

Thanks for letting us know you are having problems with the PI Topper Chemo Cap pattern.

Once the top of your PI Topper cap is the size you wish it to be, you will cast on 13 stitches to begin the band that circles the cap. You will then knit 12 of these stitches, then knit the 13th stitch with the next stitch on the circular needle, and then knit 2 stitches together from the circular needle. This will use up 3 live stitches from the circular needle.

When you turn the work and knit back, there will be 14 stitches on the needle. You will then repeat row 1 and 2 until all the live stitches from the crown of the hat are knit into the band you are making.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

All the best,
Maggie
6/2/2011 5:16:52 PM
ken_groen
ken_groen
Posts 4
ken_groen wrote:
PI Topper Chemo hat: I am having problems following the Create wide edge/hat band: Am I missing something. How do you not use the first K2 tog to stay at 14 stitches?
edited by ken_groen on 6/1/2011

Maggie, Thanks for your help, I was not keeping with the 14 sts. It is working out wonderfully,

Thanks, Cindi
6/3/2011 9:49:01 AM
maggie
maggie
Posts 56
Hi Cindi,

I'm happy to hear the pattern is working for you now.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

All the best,
Maggie
6/13/2011 5:54:05 AM
synclaire13
synclaire13
Posts 2
Hi Maggie,

After diligently studying this pattern like a crochet bible for about 2 weeks and reading your explaination to Ken , I finally understand and got the concept of creating the wide/edge and hat band. But I still have one problem. After knitting the 12 rounds, I started knitting it to size knitting 29 rows. The hat is about a 2xl even after starting the wide/edge and hat band. Are there suppose to be 29 additional rows or 29 rows total? I love this hat but it looks like I will definitely have to rip out some of the rows. Thanks again for your help.

Celeste
edited by synclaire13 on 6/13/2011
6/13/2011 1:15:37 PM
ken_groen
ken_groen
Posts 4
synclaire13 wrote:
Hi Maggie,

After diligently studying this pattern like a crochet bible for about 2 weeks and reading your explaination to Ken , I finally understand and got the concept of creating the wide/edge and hat band. But I still have one problem. After knitting the 12 rounds, I started knitting it to size knitting 29 rows. The hat is about a 2xl even after starting the wide/edge and hat band. Are there suppose to be 29 additional rows or 29 rows total? I love this hat but it looks like I will definitely have to rip out some of the rows. Thanks again for your help.

Celeste
edited by synclaire13 on 6/13/2011
6/13/2011 1:30:07 PM
ken_groen
ken_groen
Posts 4
Celeste,

There are a total of 29 rows once you have 144 Sts. The wide edge ban will connect to the 144 sts. It would have been easier for me to figure out the hat band/edge had the pattern referred to it as an attached or applied icord. Good Luck, the person I made the hat for absolutely loves it.
Hope this helps. Cindi (ken_groen@sbcglobal.net
6/13/2011 1:39:55 PM
synclaire13
synclaire13
Posts 2
Cyndi,

Thanks so much. I will rip it out tonight and probably finish it tomorrow. I love this pattern and look forward to making more hats.

Celeste
pages: 1
HomeTechnique ChatPI Topper Chemo Cap