HomeTechnique ChatLiquid Silver Shawl again
Messages in this topic - RSS
5/29/2011 1:23:02 PM
mlowary
mlowary
Posts 2
Hi,

I'm about to start knitting this shawl too but am confused by the chart in that along the bottom row, it shows the repeat of 24 stitches that should be repeated 3 times but just to the left of the repeat, there are 4 stitches isolated by red lines with a 4 written underneath. What's this about?

Thanks!

Maureen
5/30/2011 2:10:02 PM
maggie
maggie
Posts 58
Hi Maureen,

From your post I believe you are looking at the first row of the pattern. It asks you to knit the first 7 stitches and then do the 24 stitch repeat 3 times. You will notice that "4" is a repeat of the first 4 stitches you knit in the 24 repeats. Without doing these 4 stiches again the pattern would not line up as it should.
Please let me know if this helps or if I may be of further assistance.

All the best,
Maggie
5/30/2011 3:57:44 PM
mlowary
mlowary
Posts 2
Hi Maggie,

Thanks so much for your response! Now that I look closely at it, I can see that the edges would not be the opposing curves without those four stitches and it "balances out" the waved edge. I've started working on this wrap but it's going to take me a while to get used to the pattern. I'm not used to working with the grid pattern and I keep getting lost when I look back at it. I'm thinking I'm going to write out the pattern for a few rows until I get used to it!

Thanks again,

Maureen
5/31/2011 12:11:46 PM
maggie
maggie
Posts 58
Hi Maureen,

I'm happy I was able to help. One suggestion I have for you is to make sure you print the chart out in color. There are two types of squares that appear shaded in a greyscale printout of the chart for the Liquid Silver Shawl. The squares on the left and right sides of the patterns do not indicate a worked stitch, they represent the fluidity of the increases and decreases within the pattern. Shaded squares appearing in the chart, for instance in the second row, seventh square from the right, indicate bead placement. When printed in color, these squares would appear red.

Good luck!
Maggie
pages: 1
HomeTechnique ChatLiquid Silver Shawl again