HomeTechnique ChatRuffled Scarf in Studio Tricot Ara
Messages in this topic - RSS
10/20/2012 4:29:56 PM
latikalaul
latikalaul
Posts 3
Hi
I am a intermediate to experienced knitter and am baffled as to how to start the ruffled scarf using the Studio Tricot Ara yarn.
The instructions seems to start after an inch or so of fabric is knit from the photos but there are no instructions leading up to it.
Appreciate whoever can guide me in the right direction.
Latika
10/23/2012 9:59:04 AM
maggie
maggie
Posts 56
Hi Latika,

Thanks for your message in our Chat Center regarding the Ara Ruffled Scarf.

When you start knitting with Studio Tricot Ara you need to make a few small folds at the beginning before making your first stitch; this helps to stabilize the first few stitches. Studio Tricot Ara is a ruffle yarn (more of a webbed fabric) that is prepared in such a way that a simple knit stitch turns it into a scarf or shawl. Working with ruffle yarns is similar to regular knitting, but instead of wrapping the working yarn around the right needle, the right needle is slipped through the top edge of the yarn, and then pulled through the stitch on the left hand needle. For example to create a Ruffled Shawl, you work along the top edge of the yarn, inserting needle from back to front, pick up 85 stitches, spaced approximately 1.5" to 2" apart, and continue knitting every row of 85 stitches, ending in a complete row until there are around 15 yards left of the 6th ball.

I hope this information is helpful.

All my best,
Maggie
10/28/2012 4:42:39 PM
latikalaul
latikalaul
Posts 3
Hi Maggie
Sorry I took so long to respond. I have been out of town for work.
I am afraid, I am a very visual person and so am not able to see what you are describing. I will have to look for some beginner pattern perhaps that actually walks through what you are describing. Thanks for taking the time.
Latika
10/28/2012 4:46:23 PM
latikalaul
latikalaul
Posts 3
Just found a uTube video and now everything you say makes perfect sense.
pages: 1
HomeTechnique ChatRuffled Scarf in Studio Tricot Ara